POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GRRRR! @ updates (mild rant) : GRRRR! @ updates (mild rant) Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  GRRRR! @ updates (mild rant)
From: St
Date: 10 Jul 2008 14:05:25
Message: <48764f65@news.povray.org>
Heh... Who got the latest win update and could'nt get online yesterday? I
bet it was just me here. :(

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/media-alert-check-point-provides/story.aspx?guid=%7BFC6B94E2-0979-4173-92BF-9AF2C9F677D5%7D&dist=hppr

  Apparently, ZoneAlarm and winUpdate didn't see eye-to-eye this time around
which resulted in not being able to access the internet. Yep, true.

   The thing is, I spent countless hours trying to fix it, falling short of
ringing my ISP's (Tiscali) helpline in India. Heh. :)

  I messed with the settings for aaaaaggggeeesss! I messed with everything!
(You know, it took a day+). ;)

  And then I thought: What happened/what did I do when I couldn't access the
'net? "Oh yeah, I installed that MS update"

  Heck, I just looked at it in "Add and Remove Programs" and clicked it the
hell out of there... And then, all of a sudden, I had the **'NET** back!  :)

   Anyway, the recommendation is to install the latest versions of ZA and
AVG. (And it works).

   But, truly, I lost a day there.  :(

   Who do I bill for that?

       ~Steve~